Also Featured In
Cottonwood Restaurant and Bar
Type:Live Entertainment,Local Picks
The Cottonwood Restaurant and Bar in Truckee is located on a small hillside overlooking downtown Truckee,the Truckee River and the railroad that runs through town.This might be one of the reasons... Read More
The Cottonwood Restaurant and Bar in Truckee is located on a small hillside overlooking downtown Truckee,the Truckee River and the railroad that runs through town.This might be one of the reasons why this is such a popular night spot in both summer and winter.The other reasons might be because of the warm and intimate ambience with great lighting,log cabin styling and the great food and bar.The restaurant serves various entrees featuring sustainable seafood along with the best organic produce and grass-fed meat from the foothills and the nearby Sierra Valley.They include favorites like the Niman Ranch New York Steak,Pine Nut Crusted Southeast Asian Basa,and Butternut Squash Enchiladas (vegetarian),Dave also lets his creative juices flow with up to five different nightly specials.The bar serves a small selection of beers and wines and some great cocktails including the Frenchy Margarita.Happy Hour is daily from 4:30-6:30 daily and all day on Winter/Storm Watch days.The bar can get loud and crowded farther into the evening.The Cottonwood features live acoustic music on Thursday and Friday evenings.
- Daily 4:30pm-10pm
- Best forHappy HourBecause:Cottonwood's Happy Hour offers $1 off draft beer and desserts.
- Best forEarly EntertainmentBecause:The Cottonwood has live music on the deck in the summer and in the bar during the winter.
- Best forBarsBecause:This bar is a favorite local hangout with friendly bartenders and patrons.
- Recommended asBest NightlifeBecause:The food and the wine list at the Cottonwood are phenomenal.The bartenders are cool too.
- Best forLive MusicBecause:In the summer,live bands will play on the deck overlooking Truckee.