Explore Space Coast
Photo courtesy of Brevard Museum of History and Natural Science
Brevard Museum of History and Natural Science
Type:Family Friendly,History Museums,Museums,Science Museums
Step into a world of yesterday and catch a glimpse of life in the past with exhibits native to Central Florida and beyond.The goal is to preserve the natural beauty and history of the Space Coast... Read More
Step into a world of yesterday and catch a glimpse of life in the past with exhibits native to Central Florida and beyond.The goal is to preserve the natural beauty and history of the Space Coast region.So,here you will find historic artifacts,antiques,rockets and fossils and more.The By-Gone Beasts exhibit includes ancient skeletons of a saber tooth cat and mastodon,among others.Kids enjoy the interactive activities,like a rocket simulation.Also look for ecological and educational programs,a museum story,lobby and the special Winchester Wing,where you can find a permanent exhibit about Brevard County history.Bring a picnic and enjoy the museum outside,too.You will find picnic tables and a pavilion on site to make it a full occasion.
- Sep - Apr:Tue-Sat 10am-4pm
- May - Aug:Thu-Sat 10am-4pm
- Adult $6;Senior (60+) $5.50;Student $5;Military $5.50;Child (5-16) $4.50;Child (4 and under) Free
- Cocoa/Cocoa Beach's Best Attractions:"The Brevard Museum of History & Natural Science is a fun place to learn about the history and environment of Brevard County."
- Best forCocoa/Cocoa Beach's Best AttractionsBecause:Bring a picnic lunch and take a break on the picnic tables outside.